Our emphasis of the 4-year old program is learning through play by:
- Supporting each child as an individual.
- Peer socialization through cooperative play
- Peer communication skills, public speaking & conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution (eg. Turn-Taking)
- Independence through daily life skills (eg. Cooking)
- Empathy and respect through adult and peer modeling
- Experiencing diversity through a variety of cultural celebrations
- Creativity through Reggio-inspired and open-ended art.
- Gross and fine motor skills through participating in groups and individual activities (eg. gym time)
- Environment awareness through recycling and gardening.
Enriching 4’s Curriculum by:
- Smaller group focus
- Kindergarten readiness
- Early language and mathematics (ABC’s / 123’s)
- Exploring the outdoors through various outings and fieldtrips
- Science experiments
- In depth projects