Our emphasis of the 3/4 year old program is learning through play by:
- Supporting each child as an individual.
- Peer socialization through cooperative play
- Peer communication skills, public speaking & conflict resolution(eg. Show & tell)
- Conflict resolution (eg. Turn-Taking)
- Independence through daily life skills (eg. Cooking)
- Empathy and respect through adult and peer modeling
- Experiencing diversity through a variety of cultural celebrations
- Creativity through Reggio-inspired and open-ended art.
- Gross and fine motor skills through participating in groups and individual activities (eg. gym time)
- Exploring the outdoors through some outings and fieldtrips
- Environment awareness through recycling and gardening.
Benefits of a 3 / 4 split class:
- Building partnerships
- Peer role modeling
- Mentorships / leadership skills